ABOUT SVCA

Sweetwater Valley Citizens for the Arts (SVCA) was founded in 1972 by a group of interested citizens who have left and continue to support a legacy of love of children and arts education within the community. SVCA exists to serve the people of the area, to enhance the cultural heritage, to bring performing artists to the people, to stimulate interest in the arts, to provide opportunities for cultural interaction to all and to promote funding and administrative guidance to insure the programs serve the needs of the people. SVCA is governed by a nine member board of directors. The city of Sweetwater provides a salaried part time arts coordinator, office space, computer and telephone service. Responsible for many annual cultural programs including community concerts and arts awareness programs for school children, the SVCA is known to be the oldest chartered arts organization in the state of Tennessee.

SVCA believes education is a pivotal key in altering children's lives for the better and seeks to change children's lives through the arts. SVCA programs provide for our community's greatest resource, its children. SVCA strives to bring quality cultural opportunites to the schools. All arts enrichment programs provided in the public schools are provided free of charge to all children by SVCA, the belief being that all children should have an opportunity for any enrichment activity offered by the organization. SVCA hopes the impact of all programs continues to be enthusiastically received by so many participants, and that they effectively demonstrate the power and fun of enriching lives of young people through the arts.

SVCA depends upon private donations, corporate donations, grant awards and fund raising events for all funding. Approximately 75% of donations to the SVCA are used for educational and cultural enrichment programs in Sweetwater Schools. The remaining 25% is used for community programs.

For tax deductible contributions to SVCA please mail your donation to:

Sweetwater Valley Citizens for the Arts, P.O. Box 261, Sweetwater, TN 37874

423-337-5976


©2010 Sweetwater Valley Citizens For The Arts. All rights reserved. Site design by RND.